The Goodfellow Foundation's support for the Goodfellow Unit stems from a relationship formed between the Goodfellow family and the University in 1978. The Goodfellow Unit was initially funded by Mr Douglas Goodfellow to support general practice and to commemorate the life of his father, Sir William Goodfellow.
The Goodfellow Unit assists health professionals gain new knowledge and skills to improve health outcomes. Catering for a diverse range of health professionals we offer:
- innovative and engaging interactive learning
- access to case studies, quizzes and other resources
- resources for doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, pharmacists, audiologists and others
- content developed and updated by relevant practitioners
What we do
We facilitate multi disciplinary learning
Health professionals working in primary health care participate in shared learning experiences, e.g., combined moderated discussion forums for doctors, nurses and pharmacists.
We supply dedicated resources
- Doctors can update knowledge in numerous specialist areas, e.g., lower back pain, diabetes, palliative care, etc.
- Audiologists can complete evidence-based cases for adults and children with hearing loss
We work in collaborative partnerships for example with
- CMP Medica - quality patient information
- The Division of Rehabilitation and Occupational Studies, Auckland University of Technology - physiotherapy case studies
- The Audiology Department, University of Auckland – case scenarios and resources for audiologists
Our past activities are detailed in the Goodfellow Unit reports
- Peter Huggard (Director / Senior Lecturer / Academic Advisor)
- Felicity Goodyear-Smith (Professor and Goodfellow Postgraduate Chair)
- Perrin Rowland (Content Development)
- Cecile Pilkingtion (Adminstrator)
- Preet Bhandal (Technical Assistant)
Acknowledgement to Dennis Kerins
The Goodfellow Unit acknowledges the invaluable service provided by Mr Dennis Kerins the initiator and designer of our CMEclub service. Thank you Dennis.
Should you have any questions or believe that your personal information is inaccurate or needs amendment on the Goodfellow Club site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For queries on postgraduate studies, please contact Felicity Goodyear-Smith at email@example.com
Department of General Practice and Primary Health Care
The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92-019
|ACC moderated case studies|
|RNZCGP accredited CPE courses|
|Annual Goodfellow Symposium in association with Mercy Ascot|
|NZ Doctor CPE quizzes based on their articles|
|Journal of Primary Health Care|